eBooks Step by Step
1. From the Library’s home page, http://lib.dev.uconn.edu, click on the search magnifier.
2. Click on Advanced Search.
3. Select search type, e.g. subject, title, or author, then enter search terms. Change Material Type to “Books” and Search Scope to “Books, Media, & More” Hit “Search”.
4. When the results display, select “Full Text Online” from the left column. Choose other facets from this column as appropriate.
5. Click on “Details” for the eBook you want.
6. In the Links box on the right side of the entry right click on link to copy. For use with a class it is recommended you only link to ebooks marked “Unlimited Users at a Time”.
7. You can paste the link wherever you want now. It would look like this:
The part of the link in bold is is needed to ensure access for off campus users. Please double check to make sure it’s there. If not, just add it.
Test your link from wherever you have pasted it. If using links for courses, check links at the start of each semester to ensure they still work.