University of Connecticut University of UC Title Fallback Connecticut

Reuse Past Reserve Lists

You asked for your HuskyCT course to be restored. Why didn’t your reserve list get restored, too?

Although you access your reserve list via HuskyCT it is not technically a part of your course site but a part of the Library’s Course Reserve system and so it works a little differently. The Reserve system gives you control over which reserve items you want to restore to your current course. You can copy items from any past or current course to another current or future course.

To restore your reserve items in HuskyCT,

    1. Log in to HuskyCT
    2. Click on the class you want to restore material to not the class you will copy from.
    3. Click on Library Resources from the left column menu
    4. When you get to the Library Resources page, click on “Add Reserve Items” in the left column menu
    5. Beneath the row of icons for making new reserve requests you’ll see lists of current and past classes. Click on any class to see what was on reserve.
    6. To import the past list to your current class, uncheck any items you don’t want then scroll to the bottom of the page and SINGLE click the “Import” button only ONCE.


Exceptions and Special Information

Regarding journal articles and book chapters:

      • You may reuse any material owned by the Libraries or that you own in the original format (e.g. book, journal subscription). Photocopies do not constitute ownership in the original format.

Regarding VHS/DVD’s:

    • VHS/DVD’s placed on Reserve for specific dates remains on Reserve until finals are over.
    • Email with viewing dates for the new semester to ensure your material will be there on that day(s).
    • Check all stream, article and chapter links to ensure the license is still active.
    • Please complete the Video Theater Online Booking Form if you wish to reserve one of the Homer Babbidge Library’s video theaters to show your film.
    • Regional campus faculty who require group viewing space other than their classroom should contact regional campus reserve staff.
    • If you send a student, your TA, or a colleague to pick up your media for you they must be registered as your Proxy Patron in order to be able to pick it up on the dates you have reserved it. Please complete the Proxy Borrower Permission form in advance if you anticipate this need.